The XetaEdge is an extremely capable and flexible industrial Edge Computing application device. The XetaEdge is Class 1 Div 2 certified and 100% open source allowing quick and simple hosting of many existing or new applications.
The XetaEdge can be used with XetaWave products or any other serial or Ethernet wired or wireless product. Two Ethernet and two serial ports allow simple inline connection or the ability to translate from Ethernet to Serial or Serial to Ethernet.
The XetaEdge offers optional programmable analog and digital input and output signals for monitoring and/or controlling external sensors and devices.
Users have successfully hosted both the AUTOSOL eACM and the Inductive Automation Ignition Edge on the XetaEdge to offer multiple protocols to interact with existing devices like flow meters, ROCs, and PLCs while reducing bandwidth needs with the use of the MQTT protocol.
- Industrial Safe C1D2 certified and operational from –400C to +850C for hazardous industrial applications.
- Interface Rich Supporting 2 Ethernet ports, 2 serial ports, and 2 USB 2.0 ports.
- Memory Capacity Host and run applications with 1 GB RAM and 4 GB Flash with an option for 8GB or 16GB plus a micro SD slot.
- I/O Interface Optional 8 programmable multi-functional inputs and outputs.
- Apps AUTOSOL eACM, Node-RED, Inductive Automation Ignition Edge, AVEVA IoT View, and more supported.
- Open Source Utilize existing Linux applications or host new ones developed in Java, Python, Ruby, Perl, and many more.